Learning Support (SEND)
Special Educational Needs and Disability
The Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO) co-ordinates and monitors the SEN provision in the school. Staff monitor the progress of all children very carefully, and if it is considered that a child needs additional support, this is put into place. Parents are consulted and kept informed at all times. If concerns continue then other appropriate support agencies and/or the Educational Psychologist are consulted.
Madani Schools Federation is an inclusive School. This has been recognised by our recent accomplishment in achieving ‘Good’ by Ofsted. We are keen to ensure that all of our students are provided with the opportunity to reach their full potential whatever their starting point or learning needs. Some students may have difficulties with their learning; however we do not view this as a barrier to their aspirations and achievement.
Our SEND policy is designed to:
- That parents and carers are aware of the provision for students with SEND including assessment arrangements and the support available.
- Explain our admissions procedure in relation to SEND.
- Offer a point of contact for parents and carers of students with SEND.
Leicester City’s SEND Local Offer
The Local Offer is a one-stop shop of what is on offer to you and your child. You can find a wealth of information about all the service available to you. The link below will get you straight there. The preparing of Adult section has some useful information of how to support your child as they approach adulthood and move towards becoming independent young adults.
LCC Local Offer: https://families.leicester.gov.uk/send-local-offer/
SEND Policy: Click here to view the SEND Policy
Transition Information – Preparing for Adulthood
The Local Offer hosts a lot of information regarding preparing for adulthood/transition processes and pathways, which are useful to both young people and parents. If you want to know more about how you can access support in this regard then please follow the link below:
- Computer Science Education Week 2021
Computer Science Education Week 2021 (Computing & Business - 10/12/2021)
- Year 7 anti-bullying ambassador role shortlisting Week 17. Interviews Week 19
Year 7 anti-bullying ambassador role shortlisting Week 17. Interviews Week 19 (Heart for Life - 10/12/2021)
- MoneySense NatWest Ambassadors in Year 9 Heart for Life lessons Week 17
MoneySense NatWest Ambassadors in Year 9 Heart for Life lessons Week 17 (Heart for Life - 10/12/2021)
- CareerSense NatWest Ambassadors in Year 10 Heart for Life lessons Week 15
CareerSense NatWest Ambassadors in Year 10 Heart for Life lessons Week 15 (Heart for Life - 10/12/2021)
- Grand Union Canal Year 11 MGS trip 23/11/2021
Grand Union Canal Year 11 MGS trip 23/11/2021 (Heart for Life - 10/12/2021)